Sassy Friends!

Thursday, July 9, 2015

SinfulColors Summer 2015: Street Fusion Swatches Pt II


Hi guys! I finally have the second half of the SinfulColors Street Fusion review I promised. If you missed the first part, or just need a refresher, you can find that here.  So let's just jump right into it, shall we?


 Sky Tree: Described as a "sparkling teal"
Shown as 2 coats topped with butter London Matte Finish.

Sky Tree is a lovely shade of green leaning teal with glass flecks that shift from a bright blue to a pinkish purple. It shows pretty strong in the bottle but capturing the shift on the nail proved quite difficult. Either way, it's a gorgeous color with an excellent application. Almost fully opaque with the first coat, the formula was great; self-leveling, no flooding or pooling. These glass flecks would put off a fair amount of sparkly shimmer if I had topped this with a high shine top coat, but the matte really shows off the definition of the glass flecks. 




 Maroon Fine: described as a "high-shine metallic copper".
Shown as 2 coats topped with butter London Matte Finish.

I'm thinking the description that was sent to me was incorrect, this is definitely not metallic copper. I'd describe this as more of a burnt orange with pink-red to gold shifting glass flecks. The formula is just like Sky Tree, it applies smooth and easy, absolutely no issues at all. Again, this would be crazy shimmery with a high shine top coat, but you can really see the flecks when made matte.




Otaku Anime: described as a "bright yellow extra sheen".
Shown as 3 coats topped with butter London Matte Finish.

Otaku Anime is different than the first two I have shown you here, it is much more sheer. Even with 3 coats I still had VNL and I don't know that a fourth coat would have changed that. While there is VNL I don't really mind it since the formula is actually quite nice. You see, most yellows are streaky and patchy where this one is self leveling and smooth. The amount of golden shimmer in this is very apparent even though I used a matte top coat, imagine how this would look with a high shine! 




Henna I Do Appliqués: described as "tribal inspired" appliqués.
Shown here over Otaku Anime.

I will be perfectly honest, the concept of these is nice. Pretty nail art without the fuss of hand painting or having to get the proper stamping materials. The instructions are easy enough: Select the correct size for the desired nail. Apply to the nail, pressing all of the bubbles out. Remove any excess from the edge using a nail file. But here is where the concept failed for me, I couldn't get these to adhere to the nail without bubbling along the edges. It looks fantastic but it just didn't work the way I had hoped. I would not have been able to wear this long term, the bubbling would have driven me mad and I would have pulled them off one by one. Either way, the design is beautiful and would look good alone or over many other colors. If these are something you would like or would like to try go for it, the price tag makes it a win regardless of if you like the finished results or not.





What are your thoughts on these polishes, do you have any favorites? I can't pick between Sky Tree and Maroon Fine, they are both so pretty! And what are your thoughts on the appliqués? Are they something you would try? Again, don't forget to to check out my part 1 post of the Street Fusion Collection, you can find that here.
You can find these, and many more SinfulColors shades and appliqués, at your local Walgreen's, Rite Aid and other mass retailers where they are priced at just $1.99.

Make sure to follow SinfulColors on these social media sites:
Website: SinfulColors.com

Have a fantastic week loves! 
 Gini ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...