Sassy Friends!

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Superchic Lacquer: Into the Woods- partial collection swatches andMarvel Top Coat review *Updated*


Hello loves, happy hump day! Today I have a new to me Indie brand to show you, Superchic Lacquer.  I have been following Superchic since I started blogging and I am very honored to have the opportunity to review these for you all! 
I have 3 new shades from the Into the Woods collection, that was just released on Monday. I also have the new fast dry top coat to show you as well.



Baker’s Hunger for a Bun In the Oven...
...described as "a muted deep lush blue-gray with contrasting green iridescent shimmer, vibrant green chrome flash and holographic effects."
Shown as 4 coats topped with Superchic Marvel Top Coat.

Yes, 4 coats. I know it seems like a lot but the formula is a little thinner/on the sheer side, so 4 coats really wore like 2. I have rather long nails, obviously ;) , so keep in mind that sometimes with a polish that is on the sheer side I require an extra coat or two. 




Golden Delicious Curse... 
...described as "a succulent apple-cranberry base adorned with strong contrasting flashes of green to gold iridescence, chrome and holographic effects." 
Shown as 3 coats topped with Superchic Marvel.

This one has a slightly more opaque formula than Bun in the Oven so I required one less coat. 
(Pssst...this one is my favorite! :) Look how yummy!!)




You Don’t Know Jack About My Beans...
...described as “a lush artichoke green with strong contrasting fiery iridescent, holographic and green shimmer effects.”
Shown as 4 coats topped with Superchic Marvel.

Like Bun in the Oven the formula is on the sheer side and may require an extra coat. I will say this is way more visually sunning in person, they all are really but the photos of this particular polish don't do it justice!




All three of these are extraordinarily beautiful! The shimmer and holo give so much depth to each shade, I just wish the sun had been cooperating when I was swatching so I could have shown you that lovely holo sparkle. The formulas are all excellent, flowing onto the nail like liquid silk giving no issues at all. No flooding, pooling, dragging or clumping and requiring very little clean up because of great control. Absolute perfection in a bottle! 


Marvel Top Coat...
 ...“Sonic dry time (30 seconds) & stays shiny up to 2 weeks!” 

I have tried a LOT of top coats, and by a lot I mean a crap ton of them! Marvel  may soon be my new favorite! When I think fast drying usually 60 seconds comes to mind, and sometimes those top coats just don’t live up to my expectations. This one? Fan-friggin-tastic! It’s so shiny and is crazy fast drying. Now I’m not going to say you can dig around in your purse or go to the bathroom 30 seconds after application, but any minor dings you may get will dimple for a second and then even out. Just remember what’s underneath the top coat still needs to dry fully before you go crazy using your fingers! It’s a top coat not a miracle! It did seem to dry much faster than any top coat I use. Typically my most used are G& G HK Girl, NPB  Digital Flash and SH Insta-Dry, they all serve their different purposes and I use them all on a regular basis. I can definitely see this replacing my HK Girl. Marvel doesn't seem to streak or drag the design, yay! Plus it’s 4 Free! I will have to do a long term wear test and a comparison post once I have had a chance to really give it some time! My initial thoughts though are that this is a winner! 

Waves were created using Up Your Nail-Disturbed Vinyls (product VTW1).



The Into the Woods collection, unfortunately, is currently sold out! I can’t say I’m surprised though, there were a few others from this collection I am dying to get my hands on! Don’t fret though, Jenn has said she will be restocking the collection sometime mid to late September. So make sure you follow Superchic Lacquer to stay up to date on restocks and new releases! When available these retail for $10 each.

*UPDATE*
I just received word from Jen that she will be restocking on 09/15 at 4PM PST, so save your pennies! 

Also, Jen said that she has tweaked the formulas of the more sheer shades and they are exactly the same color wise just more opaque! 

Now for the good news! Marvel Top Coat is still available and that retails for $6.50. It can be purchased online at www.etsy.com/shop/WonderBeautyProducts.

What are your thoughts on this collection? And how bout that top coat?

Follow Superchic Lacquers/Wonder Beauty Products on these social media sites:
Instagram @superchiclacquer 
Twitter @WonderJenProd


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...