Sassy Friends!

Monday, September 16, 2013

Zoya Satins Collection: Swatches and Review


Hi loves!!! Long time no see! I took a mini hiatus to get somethings straight but I'm back now and I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things once again. What better way to start off than with some Zoya? Today I have the final part of the Fall collections. I already posted 2 out of the 3 collections: the Fall PixieDusts and the Cashmeres. I was looking forward to this collection the most of all 3. I love the Pixies and I love cremes but I usually don't find myself as excited about metallics. The summer metallic collection, Irresistible, changed my mind though. Zoya knows how to do metallics, so when I received the press release for this set I was giddy with anticipation! These colors ROCK!!! The formulas rock just as much. No dragging, flooding or pooling, they are extremely opaque, smooth and silky. The brush strokes are minimal, when present they actually look nice with the finish; not junkie like most metallic polishes.


Channing...
...described as a rusty or coppery red metallic. 
All photos of Channing are shown as 2 coats topped with Glisten & Glow HK Girl top coat.



This is the PERFECT fall red. The shimmer is absolutely gorgeous and as you can see there are barely any visible brush strokes. I'm in love with this rich color! 


 Claudine...
...described as a striking dark meteorite gray metallic.
All photos of Claudine are shown as 2 coats topped with Glisten & Glow HK Girl top coat.



Claudine is a bit more brush stroke-y (yeah I like making words up! LOL) than Channing but with the color it reminds me of brushed gun metal: clean, crisp and cool. The brush strokes actually look really nice to me with this color. What do you think? 


 Giovanna...
...described as a stunning emerald green metallic. 
All photos of Giovanna are shown as 2 coats topped with Glisten & Glow HK Girl top coat.



Giovanna really surprised me. Even with the brush strokes I really like it, they seem to give it depth. Plus the way some of those stokes seem to look more swirly. The rich emerald is absolutely stunning, it's no wonder why this is the color of the year! 


 Neve...
...described as sapphire blue metallic.
All photos of Neve are shown as 2 coats topped with Glisten & Glow HK Girl top coat.



I had the most difficulty trying to capture the the beauty of this girl! Neve is much more than just a plain old sapphire blue, it has this purple shimmer that makes it sparkle so beautifully. I always have a hard time with blues leaning purple so the color while it is accurate, it freaked the camera up and didn't  catch that sparkle and made my hands look a little corpsey. (There's another one of those made up words again!) Like Channing, this is virtually brush stroke free! 


 Mason...
...described as an exciting red violet or "Fandango Pink" metallic.
All photos of Mason are shown as 2 coats topped with Glisten & Glow HK Girl top coat.



HELLOOOOOO Mason! Whooooo, she is a looker! This was also hard to capture but the camera did a much better job with this girl than with Neve, yet it still doesn't convey the true beauty of the sparkle. Flashes of purple and blue in this lovely deep pink are why this one is my favorite of the set! Oh, and brush strokes are barely visible in this baby. Two thumbs up! (Yes, my thumbs do exist even though you rarely see them! LOL)


Maria-Luisa...
...described as gold cellophane accent topper.
All photos of Maria-Luisa are shown as 1 coat topped with Glisten & Glow HK Girl top coat over each of the shades from this collection. 

Maria-Luisa over Channing.

Maria-Luisa over Claudine.

Maria-Luisa over Giovanna

Maria-Luisa over Neve.

Maria-Luisa over Mason.

As you can see the flakies come out in an abundance and lay very flat against the nail. They glide on nice and smooth with no dragging  or clumping. It's a perfect formula! 

Click  to enlarge.
My Top Picks:
Mason
Channing
Giovanna

You can purchase Zoya 's Satins Collection  at www.zoya.com where they retail for $8 each. 
If you need to create an account use my link and receive a credit for a free bottle of polish! → https://www.artofbeauty.com/rd/015D9509 
 As always all Zoya lacquers are all 5 Free and Cruelty Free!
 
Follow Zoya Nail Polish and Treatments on the following social media links:
Twitter @ZoyaNailPolish
Instagram @zoyanailpolish

Zoya just announced and released a small preview of the upcoming Zenith Winter collection over the weekend, if you haven't seen that yet sake a look at my Press Release

Gini

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...