Sassy Friends!

Friday, August 2, 2013

Born Pretty Store Hex Nail Art Glitters


Hello loves, happy Friday! Today I have a review of some of the Born Pretty Nail Art Glitters. On their website they are described as Color Nail Art Shiny Hexagonal Glitter Powder Sheets and they come in a pack of 12 different colors and 2 different finishes: 6 metallic (not shown) and 6 iridescent, which I will be showing you today. 


 I wanted to show how these glitters look on different colors so I did a framed mani (my first one so be nice! LOL) with a stripe down the middle using Finger Paints Paper Mâché and Black Expressionism. Then I added the glitters down the middle stripe and a few on each side.




I did use each color in this mani, they are as follows:
Pinkie: Yellow/Orange
Ring: Pink
Middle: Blue
Index: Orange/Red
Thumb: Hot Pink

I alternated the white glitters with the color I used down the middle. As you can see the glitters tend to look a bit similar too one another on the black vs how they take on their own color on the white. The only ones that looked really close were the pink and white glitters. 
These were extremely easy to apply, though my placement does need a little bit of work as you can see. I simply applied a coat of OPI Start to Finish and then used a dotting tool to pick up the glitters and place them on the nail. I topped it all of with a coat of SH Mega Shine. Next time around I may use some glitter good to top them off since they are a bit thicker than regular glitters. I mite also try using a toothpick the next time too, so I can have better control on the placement of my glitters. I tried to move them around a bit but it took the polish with them, as you can see on my index finger where the red is really showing through on the black because it moved with my glitters. Oops! So make sure you know where you want to put them! 


Outdoor
Overall I really like that these are so versatile, they can transform any manicure into a sparkly work of nail art! I wish you could see how much these sparkle and shine. I wore them out and I had a hard time taking my eyes off them while I was driving! So be warned! LOL

You can find this set of 12 Glitter Pots at this link www.bornprettystore.com. The whole pack of 12 retails for $6.49. Make sure you use my code, JC5X31, and get 10% off your purchase! 


Follow Born Pretty Store on these social media sites:
Twitter @bornprettystore
Facebook
Born Pretty Store Blog
YouTube

Have a great weekend!
Gini ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...