Sassy Friends!

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Wingin' It Lacquer: "Dark Energy" & " When Stars Collide"


Hi all! I'm sorry I've been kind of M.I.A the past few days. Life happens and I have to deal with that first. I have a couple of glitter toppers from a brand new name in the Indie world to show you tonight! Crystal, owner and creator of Wingin' It Lacquers, had this to say about her polish:
" I started making polish because I was spending way too much money on polish, and I always had fun frankening. I decided to start from scratch and make what I like! I use a 3 free base for all of my polishes and are all hand mixed/poured by me."


The formula for both of these was really nice, not too thick, not too thin. Dry time was excellent, the glitters spread across the nail easily and lay pretty flat against the nail. Since there is so much glitter I would use a smoothing top coat like Nail Pattern Boldness Glitter Food, like I did, before your regular top coat.


 When Stars Collide...
...a mix of black and holographic silver micro slices, black and holographic silver squares, fuchsia dots, and black stars in a shimmery pinkish/purple base.
All photos of When Stars Collide are shown as 1 coat over SaS Nail Polish Four Leaf Clover.




The base is slightly tinted but I layered it because it is very sheer, it only slightly changed the green  to a darker shade. I would recommend setting your bottle upside down for a few minutes to bring the stars to the top, making the need to fish for them unnecessary. 


Dark Energy...
...a slightly pink tinted jelly base with different sizes and shapes of teal, pink and black glitter.
All photos of Dark Energy are shown as 1 coat over SaS Nail Polish Purpily Pink.




This is my favorite of the 2, the color combo of glitters really got me with this one. I have to admit that I'm not really a fan of bar glitters and these 2 do have them. However, these bars are nice in the fact that they aren't curly, and they lay very flat against the nail. They are quite small and really look nice with the other glitters so I like them with these polishes. The only issue I had with this one was getting the stars out, I did manage to get 1 but I for got to set my bottle upside down before using it like I recommended above! 




You can purchase Wingin' It Lacquer on Etsy here, they retail for $9 for a full size (15ml) bottle. 
You can also follow Wingin' It on Facebook

So what do you think about these glitter bombs? I really enjoyed them!
♥ Gini ♥ 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...