Sassy Friends!

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Rockabilly Roses Nail Art - Guest Post by Kimber's Lacquer Korner


Hi girls and boys! I am currently on vacation but I managed to gather up some guest posts to keep you all entertained while I'm away.  Today's guest post is brought to you by the Amazing Kimber from Kimber's Lacquer Korner. Kimber has been a great friend to me since I joined up on her 31 Day Challenge post last year. She has really helped me make it through my many cases of blogger blues and I am ever so grateful to her for being a virtual shoulder for me to lean on! You should definitely give Kimber a follow on her blog if you already aren't, her swatches are always flawless and she does some of the best stamping ever! I strive to stamp like her one day!  Check out Kimber's post after the jump! ♥
Hello there Sassy Paints Fans! I am so honored to be here today!

When Gini asked me to guest post for her while she's away, I did a little happy dance. It's no secret that I adore Gini, and if she wasn't already married I would kidnap her and take her to Mexico. She's just one of the greatest friends a girl could ask for! And talk about talented! Gini's swatches and nail art always blow my mind. 

Obviously I knew that I had to do something special for this post, but I had no idea what! I wanted something new, not my usual style, but my nails are currently shorter than I like them (and I recently had to get rid of my stilettos - boo!) and everything I liked wouldn't fit on my nails. What's a girl to do?

Enter Robin Moses. Gini and I both love Robin Moses - her nail art is just epic, and her tutorials are awesome. I'm no artist, but I've been able to create some pretty cool manicures with Robin's tutorials. 

I chose this design,(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5Oy146t_Lc)  a Rockabilly type nail with roses. I'm not a huge fan of French Tips for myself though, so I decided to take the basics of this design and tweak it a bit to make more my own. 

I started with a base of A-England Camelot, my favorite black polish. I used OPI My Vampire Is Buff for my accent Nail. Then I grabbed my dotting tool and Red Acrylic paint, and dotted all nails save for my accent nail. The dots turned out to have this neat 3D effect, so I decided to change up how I created my roses for my accent nail.  I took a good blob of acrylic paint in red and mixed it with a ton of black. That gave me an almost black base color, which I dabbed onto my nail in the shape of a rose. I then took a good amount of bright Red acrylic paint and added that over the red/black. Then, using my dotting tool, I created swirls in the paint until it looked somewhat like rose petals. This technique create a really cool abstract 3D type effect, and is fast and easy. Once that was finished, I went in and added some black leaves and dotted the empty spaces with Black and Red acrylic paint. Add top coat (and scrub off all the acrylic paint on your skin, if you're messy like me!) and voila! Funky, rockabilly Nail Art!

I really love how this turned out! I do wish that I had been able to avoid the bit of streaking with the acrylic paint, but I'm notoriously heavy handed when top coating. Someday I'll work with Acrylic paint and be able to stay clean and streak-free! 

Here is the final product - Rockabilly Roses!







Woohoo! I really dig this design! I think that this is one of my favorite nail art designs that I've worn so far. It's very me, and just a fun take on roses and polka dots. 

I'm still amazed at just how easy this mani was! And fun! 

I really hope that you all like my Rockabilly Roses. I'm thrilled to be here today and hope I've managed to give you something pretty to look at while Miss Gini is away. 

Thanks for having me and Happy Polishing!
-Kimber

Follow Kimber's Lacquer Korner on these Social Media sites:
Twitter @kimberskorner
Instagram @kimberskorner 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...