Sassy Friends!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

31 Day Challenge Day 4 "Green"


I'm having a busy week, between the challenges and family thing and now I've started walking with my cousin everyday. ( Gotta get this fat ass in shape! ) But the challenge must go on!
For my green I used China Glaze In The Lime Light
 
 
This is 4 coats, being a neon it is a very thin formula.


 
Then I drew on some leaves? flowers? I don't know what it is. LOL

 
I used Kiss nail art polishes in white and silver then dotted using black over silver.

 
Then I added black rhinestones.


 
I like how this turned out. This wasn't what I had originally planned to do for this part of the challenge. I was suppose to do a snake skin mani using the paper towel technique. Unfortunately that was a Major FAIL! I don't know how that technique can even work, it was quite difficult. Has anyone tried it? If so, do you have any pointers? I'd really like to make it work.
 
Don't forget to check out all the other talented ladies participating in this challenge!
 
 


-Kimber at Kimber's Lacquer Korner
-Kat at Hooked On Polish
-Diana at Nails By Diana
-Aly at Wonderland Beauty
-Meredith at Perfectly Polished
-Nicole at The Color Republic
-Kate at The Painted Pony Nails
-Cee at Absolutely Cee
-Sam at Polished Art
-Nail Narcotics
-Nicole at Nicole Gets Nailed
-Shelby at Shelby's Swatches
-Stephanie Louise at All Things Beautiful
-Mixed Mama
-Joanna @ Sweet Polish of Mine
-Patty Greenberg
-Liz and Lisa @ Lozlosa
-Mari at Nailista
-Greta at How Was Your Day?
-Miss L at Beauty by Miss L
-Chameleon Stampede
-Pam at Nail-E-Glance
-Me, Myself, and Polish



6 comments:

  1. Paper towel technique? Doesn't sound like it would mix well with nail polish??? Never heard of it, so can't help you out there sister!! I really love this - I'm assuming you didn't use white under this green?? I might have to get this because I LOVE! wierd, I hate green....

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I didn't use white, I wanted to see how many coats it would take. Next time I use it I will. The paper towel thing is suppose to stamp a snake skin pattern. I don't understand how it works because you're right, it didn't mix well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this sooo bright, your nails look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous bright colour))
    On a side note - I have tagged you for the Liebster Blog award (you don't have to do it if you don't want to though)) Details are on my page. Cheers ))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a sucker for bright greens! I love this mani! How exactly did you do the paper towel technique? How does it work?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg! I know I love this color more and more every time I look at it! The paper towel thing is suppose to make a snakeskin pattern because of the bumpy texture of the paper. You're suppose to have a base color on then put a thick coat of polish on the pt then place that on your nail then polish over the top of that and when you pull it off it has a snake skin pattern. My experience with it = EPIC FAIL! I'll probably keep trying and see if I can find a way to make it work. I can't remeber what I was reading or where I saw this done. If I find it i'll link it in a post. If anyone figures it out let me know, please!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, suggestions, questions etc. so feel free to leave your feedback! I may not always respond to each and every comment but I do read them all! If you want me to check out your blog leave a comment on the blog roll page (that tab is at the top of the page). Please do not leave links on my main page, they WILL BE DELETED! If you would like to have me review your product you can find my info in the Contact/Pr Info tab at the top of the page! Thanks for reading and subscribing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...